Top-Rated Illinois Criminal Law Attorney Brings Decades of Experience to Your Defense
Dedicated firm defends those accused of felonies and misdemeanors
Being charged with a crime can leave you fearful about the effects a conviction can have on your freedom, your finances and your future. At Mark C. Curran Jr. Attorney at Law, in Waukegan, Illinois, we help our clients seek the most favorable outcome possible in their criminal law matters. A seasoned criminal defense attorney with an established track record can often make it easier for clients to disentangle themselves from the Illinois criminal justice system.
Determined Waukegan lawyer holds prosecution to its burden of proof
The government has a heavy burden of proof in its case against you, and criminal investigations are often flawed. This may leave the state’s evidence vulnerable to procedural and substantive legal challenges, which could include assertions of:
- Errors in police procedures
- Mishandling of evidence
- Lab and other forensics errors
- False statements from witnesses
- Violations of defendant’s rights during any stage of the case
In addition, there are numerous defenses that can be employed in a criminal case. We give every client and case the time and attention necessary to put together the best defense strategy possible and hold the state to its burden of proof.
Our experience spans all criminal charges
We regularly represent clients charged with misdemeanors (crimes that are punishable by a term of less than one year in jail) and felonies (punishable by a year or more in prison). We work with clients accused of DUI/DWI, white collar crimes, theft, drug crimes and domestic violence.
In addition, we are experienced in defending individuals accused of serious crimes, such as:
- Murder — We represent clients charged with varying degrees of homicide, including both murder and manslaughter. Often, in emotionally charged murder cases, aggressive prosecutors will seek the most severe charges and sentences, which in Illinois can be anywhere from 20 years to life in prison.
- Fraud — We defend clients who have been accused of fraud, defined as the intentional taking of another’s money or property by false pretenses. Fraud can be charged either on its own or as an element of other crimes. People convicted of fraud or fraud-related crimes face hefty fines and lengthy prison sentences.
- Embezzlement — We represent clients facing embezzlement charges. Embezzlement, the fraudulent taking of another’s property by a person who is in a position of trust, carries the possibility of fines and imprisonment.
- Sexual offenses — There are few crimes that have the potential to damage one’s reputation and quality of life as much as being accused of a sex crime, which could include sexual battery, child molestation, child pornography, rape, sexual assault, indecent exposure or prostitution. We defend clients who not only face potentially long prison sentences, but also must contend with the negative publicity and social stigma that accompany accusations involving sex crimes.
We do everything in our power to ensure that your rights are protected and maintained as we help you successfully navigate the judicial process.
Contact an experienced Illinois defense attorney today
If you have been charged with a crime, it is important to begin mounting a defense right away. Call Mark C. Curran Jr. Attorney at Law, in Waukegan, Illinois, at 847-230-4958 or contact us online today for a free consultation.